Developing the Leader Within- The Role of a Leader
Being recognized as a great leader is not something you’re given, it’s something you create over time with the right training, first-hand experience and building trust and influence with those around you. You can start developing those skills (or sharpen them a bit!) with this course.
This course in an excellent refresher for seasoned leaders as well as a great foundation for aspiring leaders. It includes an in-depth definition of leadership, reviews social influence and conscious leadership and goes over the 12 important qualities that a great leader possesses including clarity, inspiration and communication to name a few. In a self-auditing exercise, we will help you analyze the roles you take on at work and beyond even though you may not have a leadership title. We’ll review different leadership styles, which ones you’re using to influence others and work specifically on any areas based on your personal reflection or peer/employer feedback. You will walk away armed with strategies to nurture and develop your leadership skills.
- Learn and apply the key elements of leadership to build trust and influence.
- Implement the essential leadership characteristics in your work life.
- Become a more effective leader.
Coaching & Mentoring- The Key to Performance Improvement
Professional mentoring and coaching relationships can be rewarding for the mentor and the mentee, helping elevate careers and providing an opportunity to give back to potential new leaders. Learn how to enter into a relationship yourself or help others make successful mentoring and coaching connections.
This course includes: defining coaching and mentoring and discussing the differences between the two – mentoring being a relationship that provides guidance and accountability and coaching going deeper and more personal to including dealing with feelings, fears, weaknesses and strengths. You will learn how to effectively match yourself and others to mentees for a successful outcome through learning about personality types, analyzing skill sets and more. Knowing how to identify the right connections can enhance the mentoring experience. We will also review how to structure the relationship (frequency of meetings, etc.), how to measure the results of the relationship and ways to grow the relationship for maximum benefit.
- Understand the distinct difference between coaching and mentoring.
- Be able to apply knowledge and strategies learned to foster a successful mentoring or coaching relationship.
- Gain skills and create an action plan to be able to start effectively mentoring/coaching right away.
Creating and Leading Successful Teams
You’ve heard that “teamwork makes the dream work”. If you build and manage a successful team that people WANT to be a part of, it will increase motivation, loyalty and productivity!
This course is full of easy-to-implement strategies to build, manage and motivate your ultimate team. You will learn the types of teams, the 4 stages of team development, the 5 Commandments of a Successful Team, common mistakes in team building and the 6 Thinking Hats of Problem Solving as a Team. We’ll cover problem solving and conflict resolution and share team building activities to use to build trust and confidence. In addition, you’ll learn how to make the most of team meetings and how to consistently encourage teamwork. Learn some new ideas for motivation, steps to retaining high performers and improving team performance.
- Learn how to bring people together to form an effective, motivated and productive team.
- Gain strategies to guide your team through the 4 stages of team building to improve performance.
- Enhance your ability to help your team solve problems, grow, perform and succeed.
Essential Skills for Leaders
Are you an emerging leader in your organization or are you in a new leadership role? This course is targeted to help develop your leadership style and create professional success. It’s also a perfect course for seasoned leaders who want to re-charge their skills.
In this course, you will learn how to set expectations and goals, assign work, implement delegation, provide productive feedback, manage your time and your team’s time to align with their duties and responsibilities. You’ll also learn strategies for special situations such as being promoted from within the team. We’ll cover the important qualities and attributes that a great leader possesses and discuss how you can own and implement them. We will also delve deeper into how you can identify candidates early for potential leadership roles, build competencies in others and pair others with mentors. Participants will walk away armed with skills to strengthen their own leadership skills and motivate their team.
- New leaders will receive a foundation of necessary skills to be successful immediately.
- Gain strategies and tools to use to connect with your team, gain trust and build rapport.
- Develop or enhance skills learned to dramatically increase performance of your team.
Deliver Feedback and Conduct Performance Reviews that Motivate Employees
Feedback is imperative to keep employees on track and motivate them to continue to strive for excellence. It’s also important to openly address any areas that need improvement. Conducting performance reviews is a craft that can be learned and perfected to assure the best outcome and direction for the employee and organization.
In this course, we will learn when and how frequently feedback should occur, how to choose the best time and place and how to thoroughly prepare and plan prior to feedback delivery. We’ll cover how to use the “feedback sandwich” successfully, how to set goals for optimal performance, how to ask for a self-assessment and how to tie performance to compensation. We’ll also share how to keep emotions in check, diffuse anger and negative emotions and go over common mistakes managers make when conducting employee reviews. You’ll leave with ideas for incentives and how to begin creating a culture of recognition. If you are the one getting reviewed, we’ll also dive into tips on how to successfully prepare for your own annual performance review.
- Prepare and deliver feedback that will inspire employees to make positive changes.
- Learn year-round strategies to produce the best performance review possible for each of your staff.
- Create and implement a culture of recognition within your team.
Managing Change for Leaders
Change is one of the hardest things we go through as individuals and as organizations. Resistance, fear and uncertainty overshadow the excitement and opportunity that change can bring.
This course will arm you with tools and strategies to prepare yourself and your team for change and to lead, motivate and inspire your team. You will learn how to craft the “what’s in it for me?” message that employees need to hear before you get their buy in. We will also help build your change strategy to help facilitate and you’ll learn how to cope with pushback, gain support and promote resiliency. We discuss “Appreciate Inquiry” in this course and how it applies to change management to unveil the positive core of a company.
- Five easy steps to become more resilient.
- Gain skills to help people to embrace and accept change and thrive during and after the process.
- Understand and apply the “Appreciative Inquiry” method of change management.
Navigating Stress for Leaders
Stress is the workplace is inevitable. Leaders must be equipped to identify and manage stress for their staff. In this course, participants will learn the common causes and symptoms of work-related stress. We’ll cover the important warning signs of stress and recognizing work related stress in your team and colleagues. In addition, leaders will learn effective strategies to manage work-related stress with their staff.
- Be able to identify common stressors in the workplace and monitor your staff for symptoms of work-related stress.
- Learn and implement the 3 keys to stress management through organization.
- Implement strategies to minimize work-related stress for your staff.
Effective Communication Skills for Leaders
Being able to communicate effectively is essential for success as a leader. In this course, participants will learn the different types of communication, barriers to communication and how to overcome them and ways to be a better listener. Also included will be easy to implement strategies for communicating more effectively with your staff. Better communication makes a more cohesive and productive work team
- Learn strategies to communicate more effectively with your team.
- Enhance communication skills and how you communicate with your staff to motivate and inspire them to success.
- Develop better listening skills so your staff feels heard and understood.
Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce
This course will help leaders better understand the five generational groups active in the workforce today. Participants will learn about the characteristics, work ethic and social influences of each generation. In addition, we’ll discuss how each generation views work, leadership and their preferred method of communication.
With this new found knowledge, leaders will be in a strong position to evaluate their staff and better lead a multi-generational team.
- Increase knowledge of the five generations in the workforce today to lead more effectively.
- Create and implement a collaborate culture within a multigenerational team.
- Tailor your approach for working more effectively with each staff member based on their generational group.
Dealing Effectively with Conflict
Conflict is inevitable in the workplace. People are different and conflict happens when those differences surface. In the course, participants will learn the different Conflict Resolution Styles and the 6 Step Process to Conflict Resolution. With practical tips, strategies and experiential exercises, after completion of the course, participants will be prepared to manage conflict in a more productive manner and improve their conflict resolution skills.
- Learn to think of conflict as an opportunity for growth which will help change your approach and maximize positive outcomes.
- Increase your knowledge of the different conflict resolution styles and which are more effective.
- Master the 6 Step Process of Conflict Resolution.
Time Management Strategies for Leaders and their Teams
In this course, participants will learn the 5 Key Components of Time Management – Goal Setting, Prioritization, Planning & Scheduling, Focus and Working Proactively, and Managing Interruptions and Procrastination. In addition, we’ll share simple, easy-to-implement strategies to give leaders the confidence to help their teams in each of the key areas. Participants will leave energized and ready to implement new concepts for themselves and their teams to make them more effective, efficient and productive.
- Learn how to work proactively, rather than reactively.
- Master planning and scheduling to get more done.
- Enhance your skills in prioritizing work to boost productivity.
Effective Delegation and Feedback
A terrific course for new and seasoned leaders, during this course participants will learn the Five “Rights” of Delegation, setting expectations and how to assign work to produce maximum results from their team. They’ll also learn effective delegation strategies and how to provide productive feedback to staff to motivate and inspire them to be their best.
- Enhance leadership skills by learning the Five “Rights” of Delegation.
- Learn effective strategies to provide productive feedback that motivates staff.
- Master setting expectations for staff to produce maximum results.
Back to top