Select from any of our courses, mix & match courses, or we can create a custom course based on your organization’s needs!
Our course curriculum is divided into the five sections below. Please click on a category to see some of our most popular course offerings or click the button below to download our training course brochure.
It’s all too much! How to Dig Out & Manage Information Overload
The presence of too much information causes difficulties in making sound decisions.
This course includes an in-depth explanation of what information overload is, identifies the general causes and major sources of what is personally bogging you down or causing you stress and how to successfully dig out to get on track. Also learn some shocking statistics on how information overload is potentially taking over your life, affecting your health and thwarting your work/life balance. During the course, we’ll teach our proven tips and strategies to manage and free yourself of information overload which will give you tools to sift through irrelevant information, tactics to organize information and even identifying what actions you can take to ease information overload for others.
- Identify and analyze personal sources of information overload
- Make smarter decisions by having just the right amount of information on hand
- Create and implement a plan to manage information overload
I’ll Do It Later! Dealing with Procrastination
Many people put things off until the last minute sometimes. Those who procrastinate often usually avoid difficult tasks and consistently look for distractions. This course will help you break through and learn to avoid procrastination.
This workshop will share the three primary areas in which procrastination occurs and will give you strategies to manage procrastination and perfectionism, which many times go hand-in-hand. You’ll learn how to analyze what tasks you’re procrastinating, identify why and then take the first step (even if it’s small) towards getting it done. We’ll review the “eat the frog” theory and why it works so well and learn how to set realistic deadlines that won’t lead to disappointment and missed deadlines. In addition, we’ll teach you how to set rewards for yourself to help you move through even the most unpleasant task and you’ll also learn the 10 important steps to overcome procrastination.
- Identify and understand WHY you’re procrastinating
- Gain tools to overcome your procrastination
- Be armed with strategies that will improve the quality of your professional and personal life by overcoming your procrastinating tendencies
Dealing Effectively with Difficult People and Situations
The ability to deal with difficult people and situations sets a person apart professionally and personally. The more you are armed with tactics on how to deal with difficult people and situations, the better the outcome will be.
This popular course includes strategies to deal effectively with difficult people and situations and you’ll perform exercises where you identify a situation in your own life (past or present) to learn how you can deal with all difficult situations in a healthier, more positive way. Learn how to talk to people without putting them on the defense, how to pay attention to non-verbal signs and how to achieve positive outcomes.
- Gain tactics to communicate effectively with difficult people in your life – both professionally and personally
- Reset your thinking so you can handle people and situations better
- Learn how to apply useful strategies to deal with the most difficult people and situations in your work and personal life
Be Memorable! Effective Techniques to Make Your Customer Service Outstanding
You have mere seconds to give people a positive impression of yourself and your organization. Give customers an amazing experience each and every time they interact with you.
This course will help you establish your personal brand and attitude, show you how to identify and address customer needs and generate return business. We will teach customer service essentials that will help you provide the best results in person, by phone or electronically. You’ll learn how to deal with difficult customers and gain great insight on how to make your customer service consistent, outstanding and memorable every time. Those that have taken this course love our “5 Important Things To Do Every Day” for exceptional customer service.
- Create a memorable, personal brand of customer service
- Build a strong internal culture that employees and/or team members will buy into and embrace, authentically improving your organization’s customer service
- Elevate your level of customer service delivery
Strategies for Running Productive Meetings
In many organizations, a considerable amount of time is wasted every day with ineffective meetings. This can lead to a significant loss in revenue. Never fear… help is here!
Impress participants at the very next meeting you hold after taking this course and learning how to run an effective, productive meeting from beginning to end. This workshop includes: how to plan and prepare for a meeting, assigning meeting roles and responsibilities, successfully chairing a meeting, how to deal with disruptions, recording minutes and make the most of your meetings. You will also learn strategies to help set expectations for participants before, during and after the meeting.
- Understand and apply basic strategies for how to prepare for and run a productive meeting
- Learn how to take objectives from a meeting, follow through and ensure that they’re done in a timely manner
- Increase participation from all attendees by setting out expectations and requiring accountability
You can do it! Setting and Achieving Goals to Produce Dynamic Results
Setting goals and reaching them requires planning. We’ll teach you how!
This course includes a significant amount of participation work that will be completed during our time together. You’ll learn the 4 P’s of goal setting, how to set SMART goals, learn strategies on overcoming procrastination and improving motivation, and how to manage time more productively to achieve any goal. We’ll also share tips for completing tasks to increase productivity. We’ll teach the benefits of goal settings that will affect your attitude, achievements, and even health and happiness and you’ll successfully learn to delineate what tasks or projects are urgent or important. Plus, you’ll learn the one word that you should remove from your vocabulary in order to achieve your goals.
- Apply the principles learned in the course to effectively set achievable goals
- Learn how to overcome procrastination and get things done
- Improve your motivation so that you can tackle any goal you desire
Important Soft Skills Necessary in the Workplace
Soft skills – such as attitude, work ethic and adaptability – are a necessity in a face-paced, competitive work environment. If you don’t have them, you’re at an extreme disadvantage.
In this course, you’ll learn the definition of soft skills and we’ll teach the intricacies of many of those skills, including: communication, teamwork, and problem solving, to name a few. You’ll understand the key soft skills everyone should possess to help relate more effectively to others. In addition, you’ll learn how to develop and enhance your soft skills to improve your professionalism in the workplace.
- Identity your most dominate soft skills and those that need improvement for better performance
- Apply the soft skills learned to relate more effectively to others in the workplace
- Attain the knowledge to enhance your communications skills and increase your value to the organization
Creating a Respectful & Culturally Competent Workplace
Today’s workplace requires skillsets that promote working with and serving diverse colleagues and client populations in a respectful and culturally competent manner. This highly interactive and self-reflective workshop will provide participants the opportunity to develop the necessary skills to be able to “see the world through the eyes of others”, while also learning to better understand and respect everyone at work.
- Define cultural competency, the core domains of cultural competence and respectful workplace communications and behaviors
- Identify causes of disrespectful behaviors in the workplace
- Practice appropriate responses to disrespectful workplace interactions
Identifying & Overcoming Microaggressions
Microaggressions are a major societal and workplace concern that if left unaddressed, manifests into explicit bias that has long-lasting negative effects. The purpose of this highly interactive and reflective workshop, which incorporates sensitivity activities and videos, is to provide an in-depth and illustrative overview of the importance of accurately defining, identifying, managing, and overcoming the use of microaggressions (intentional and unintentional) in the workplace to promote the delivery of culturally competent and respectful public services. This workshop will also present the counter strategy to overcoming Microaggressions, better known as the use of Micro Affirmations.
- List and define the categories of Microaggressions
- Explore the negative impacts and effects of Microaggressions on individuals and workplace cultures
- Compare and contract Microaggressions and Micro Affirmations
Understanding & Addressing Unconscious Bias in the Workplace
Unconscious Bias can have an extremely negative influence on employees and workplace culture as well as interactions with people outside the organization, includes stereotyping and exclusionary thinking in hiring, work assignments and decision making. Identifying the thoughts, attitudes and behaviors of unconscious bias, also known as implicit bias, are critical to being able to bring attention to and mitigate it. In this course, we’ll explore the potential targets and negative impact unconscious bias has at work. Participants will learn five effective strategies to counteract unconscious bias and leave with the knowledge and skillsets needed to address these biases.
- Identify thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors that are implicitly biased
- Identify the negative impact of unconscious bias in the workplace and its targets
- Define and explore five (5) strategies to mitigate unconscious bias
Time Management & Productivity Improvement
Drive Productivity – Get Things Done!
Are you busy all day, but can’t pinpoint what you’ve accomplished? Being busy is different from being productive. Learn the difference and improve productivity right away!
This course provides a game plan for increasing your productivity including time management strategies, the four P’s of goal setting, setting SMART goals and prioritizing tasks to make productivity skyrocket. We’ll also teach tips for overcoming procrastination, one of the biggest culprits that thwarts our productivity. Participants will learn helpful and easy to implement ideas on planning and scheduling and some unexpected ways to increase productivity. Plus, we’ll tell you the 10 most important things to do that will guarantee you a more productive day and you’ll learn how to improve motivation to increase drive and productivity.
- Learn and implement new strategies to see an immediate boost in personal productivity
- Adopt and implement effective time management strategies
- Learn how to set goals and prioritize your tasks through proven methods that will bring you success
Take Control of Your Workday: Plan, Organize and Thrive
Being productive is not a luxury, it’s a necessity. Dive in and analyze your day from the moment you get to the office until the time you leave. We all get the same 24 hours… learn how to make the most of yours!
This course provides strategies to increase your efficiency and productivity by focusing on very tactile areas of your work day that you can easily control through proven systems. We will tackle areas such as: effective planning and scheduling, creating and using effective to do lists, email management, work space organization and creating an effective filing system (both paper and digital document management). Your work day will become manageable, controlled and organized!
You’ll identify your organizing personality (yes, we all have one!) using Deb’s matrix that was featured in Better Homes and Gardens “Secrets of Getting Organized” Magazine and use that knowledge to create your ultimate work space. Most importantly, we’ll also share tips and strategies to help you stay on track and continue to be productive and organized in the future.
- Learn how to control your day vs. your day controlling you
- Gain imperative planning skills that will help both your professional and personal life
- Reinvent your work space for ultimate inspiration and productivity
Prioritize Work – Critical vs Non-Critical
Focus. Prioritize. Get things done. If you struggle with prioritizing work, this course is for you!
In this course, there will be a variety of methods for prioritizing work introduced and analyzed. Participants can determine which method works best for them or take a piece or two from each method and make it their own. We’ll review strategies for prioritizing tasks as critical vs. non-critical using the Urgent-Important Matrix for task prioritization and learn how to train and manage your attention – a growing issue and concern for employees and employers – by delving into strategies to focus on your work through proven time management methods. We’ll learn how to prioritize tasks based on how we feel about them. We’ll learn why we procrastinate and understand why it is holding you back and impeding progress and what to do overcome it.
- To be able to effectively prioritize your work
- Adopt and apply the method that best suits your personality and/or work style
- Improve your focus throughout the day to complete your priorities
Manage Email Effectively
Email can easily and quickly get out of control and become overwhelming… but it doesn’t have to! Email can be an effective communication tool if managed effectively and proactively.
This course includes easy-to-implement strategies to effectively manage email and save time. We’ll teach you to research and use features of your email system you might not have known about, how to streamline your email on all devices for quick reference and access and we’ll share some surprising statistics about email. In addition, we’ll teach important email etiquette strategies – like when it’s appropriate and important to cc someone (and when it’s not!) You’ll be inspired to be more proactive, rather than reactive when handling email.
- Learn how to use email as an effective tool for communication and not a source of stress
- Learn the nuances of email etiquette and how to maintain your professionalism
- To use the technology and tools of email to make your day more seamless
Working Proactively Rather than Reactively to Drive Success
Do you constantly feel like you’re going from one task to another all day and are never caught up? Take control of your time, your schedule and your tasks by starting to work more proactively!
This workshop includes the pros and cons of proactive and reactive strategies, tips to help you move from working reactively to proactively and differentiating between proactive tasks vs. reactive tasks so you can gauge how your time is currently being spent.
We’ll also learn the traits of proactive people vs. reactive people, Steven Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Circle of Concern vs. Circle of Control and teach you some effective proactive vs. reactive language to use with yourself and others.
- Understand and apply the strategies learned to work more proactively
- Learn how Steven Covey’s Circle of Concern vs. Circle of Control works and how you can use it in your own professional and personal life to be more successful
- Learn how to speak in proactive language and have a positive internal thought process to have a big impact on your work style
Become a Time Management Master
Do you always feel like you have NO TIME?! Learn proven strategies for time management success and the tools that can help you get there. Time is a precious commodity and you CAN master it.
In this course, you’ll create a personalized time management action plan. You’ll dig deep into how you currently spend your time and identify what’s working and what’s not. We’ll learn to set goals, organize your time, plan wisely, tackle procrastination, create habits and rituals and how to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. In addition, we’ll cover how to manage successful meetings and save time, handle interruptions, and how to delegate effectively. Because we know that every person and every job is different and has its own challenges and responsibilities, this course will concentrate closely on personalization of strategies and will deliver on many proven methods that can be adopted as is, or customized for each individual participant. Attendees will walk away with a time management plan that they can start implementing right away.
- Walk away with a personalized time management plan that will work for you
- Have more control of your day and feel less stressed
- Be more productive, more efficient and motivated
The Multi-Tasking Myth, Creating Effective To-Do Lists and other Time Management Concepts
Do you have so much to do that you don’t know where to start? The most chaotic day can be kept at bay by focusing on mono-tasking and creating and using an effective to-do list.
In this course, you’ll learn strategies to create an effective to-do list that will work best for you and your work day and you’ll discover ways to identify your Most Important Tasks (MITs). We’ll also teach the strategy of mono-tasking and how to get more done by focusing on doing one task at a time. In addition, we’ll cover more effective time management strategies to become more effective and productive. You’ll walk away with an action plan that you can start using the very next day.
- Successfully create a workable, effective to-do list
- Master the concept of mono-tasking
- Learn and apply other time management concepts to increase your efficiency
Communicate with Clarity, Confidence & Effectiveness
Communication is critical and a must for a successful professional career. Learn how to communicate with clarity and confidence both orally and in writing.
This course includes: understanding communication barriers and developing non-verbal and communication skills, using the STAR method of speaking, developing ways to be a better, more active listener, how to ask good questions and even how to deliver bad news. We’ll touch on some essential interpersonal skills including a review of the levels of conversation, tips on how to remember names, influencing skills, bringing people to your side, sharing your opinion and making an impact. Also included will be some effective tips for business writing, including emails and reports and the importance of proofreading.
- Learn a variety of tips to build better communication skills and improve your everyday interactions
- Develop strong interpersonal skills that will make you feel confident in any business or personal situation
- Learn how to clearly and powerfully communicate in writing
Powerful Public Speaking and Presentation Skills
Your greatest fear could become the most powerful weapon in your professional arsenal. Being an effective speaker can lead to professional success and provide confidence in presenting your opinions and ideas.
This course will teach you how to prepare for and conduct engaging and informative presentations to any audience, from five people to several hundred. We’ll cover how to identify your audience to create a customized presentation, share great tips on how to take your thoughts and content and effectively turn it into a powerful presentation, uncover strategies for establishing credibility with your audience, and we’ll even touch on overcoming nervousness. We’ll discuss the best delivery methods to enhance your presentations such as PowerPoints, flip charts, video, white board, audio, etc.
- Confidently take your presentation skills to the next level
- Gain skills and insight that will make the preparation of your presentation easy and effective
- Deliver an informative and engaging presentation that will leave your audience wanting more
Improve Critical Thinking and Problem Solving
Imagine if you could approach problems effectively, evaluating information to offer the best solutions and inspire those you work with to join in and collaborate!
This course is all about thinking differently – learning techniques to change the way you approach things, how to expand your thinking and ultimately how to perform better at your job and with your team. You’ve heard the term “thinking outside of the box” many times, but we will go even further to create breakthroughs and embrace how to expand your thinking for amazing results. We will review how to gather and understand types of information, the best ways to prepare for brainstorming, how brain writing and mind mapping improve creativity, how to develop and analyze solutions and implement a plan. It also includes the components and essentials of critical thinking, evaluating information and learning from mistakes. We’ll discuss characteristics of critical thinkers as well.
- Implement new skills to be a more effective problem solver and critical thinker
- Have a better understanding of what critical thinking is and how you can apply it to your work
- Develop and analyze solutions that dig deeper into problems to yield better solutions and results
Effective Conflict Resolution
Conflict is inevitable in the workplace – it’s just human nature. It could be internally between employees or with management or it could be external where you’re dealing with difficult clients or vendors. This course will arm you with the tools to deal with it effectively and possibly prevent it from happening at all.
This course includes: the conflict resolution styles, creating an effective atmosphere to resolve conflicts, getting to the root cause of the problem, generating options and building a solution. You’ll learn diffusing methods including stress and anger management techniques, neutralizing emotions, focusing on what the other party needs and building positive energy. We’ll also help you understand the six phases of the conflict resolution process. A very important addition to this course is how to maintain the relationship after the conflict resolution process.
- Learn and apply the principles of successful conflict resolution
- Gain resolution skills that can be applied to your professional and personal life now and for years to come
- Learning to manage your emotions and help other parties involved in the conflict to do the same
Self-Awareness- Be Your Best You at Work and Beyond
Improve your self-awareness and social intelligence to be perceived in your best light by those around you. You will learn everything you need to make a good first AND a great lasting impression.
This course includes learning about the four “selfs”, mood management, interpersonal awareness, limitations of self-awareness, and independence vs interdependence. Walk away with tools to increase your self-awareness, learn the keys to empathy and active listening, be aware of social cues and body language, sharpen your conversation skills and gain insight on how to build rapport. We’ll also discuss many ways you can take initiative – taking a chance, recognize when you can step in, weighing the consequences, finding opportunities, being persistent and balancing initiative and restraint. The skills and insight you receive in this course can open you up for advancement or promotion at work, increase your influence with your peers and team and help make you a more aware person.
- Understand your newfound self-awareness and apply it to improve your performance
- Strengthen and enhance your skills for greater social interactions
- Help others around you see their self-awareness through mentoring and supporting them
Rock Solid Negotiation Skills
Negotiating isn’t fighting. It’s a calculated, planned discussion to get an acceptable result for each party. This course will provide the strategies and confidence to take on any negotiation… and succeed!
In this course, you will gain an understanding of what negotiation is, learn to negotiate in a professional manner, get prepared by calculating the strengths and weaknesses of your position as well as knowing the other side, learn the best ways to communicate through negotiations and gain strategies for coming out with a win-win solution. Learn how to bargain, how to deal with difficult issues and of course, close the deal. You will also learn more intangible skills to help
you negotiate more successfully such as dealing with your emotions, being adaptable and flexible, putting yourself in the other person’s shoes and seeing the bigger picture.
- Come out of the course as a more confident, effective negotiator
- Develop skills to become more flexible during negotiations and still have a successful outcome
- Learn how to maintain your professionalism and the relationship with the opposing party during and after the negotiation
Enhancing Your Professional Etiquette
People are forming judgments about you from every angle – how you dress, how you conduct yourself and how you portray yourself on social media. Your personal brand is extremely important to establish to foster success and this course will help you discover and enhance yours.
This course will start with analyzing your personal brand: defining yourself, developing and controlling your image, personal and professional influences, sharpening your brand and branding personality strategies. We’ll move to a comprehensive overview of general business etiquette, dressing appropriately in the workplace, email and phone etiquette, best practices for business writing, etiquette during business meals and more. We’ll review effective networking for success and how to seek out mentors to help grow your career and maintain a positive, influential personal brand. We’ll also discuss social media at length and include our popular “Ten mistakes not to make on social media”.
- Learn and follow proper business etiquette so you can put forth the best version of yourself
- Learn to develop your image and create a unique, authentic personal brand
- Be aware of how social media can affect your professionalism and avoid pitfalls
Communicating Effectively in a Multi-Generational Workforce
This course will help employees better understand the five generational groups active in the workforce today. Knowledge of the different values, views, and ways of working, talking, and thinking of each generation will help to minimize miscommunications that frequently cause conflict. Participants will learn effective communication techniques to promote respect and collaboration which will make teams, and the workplace as a whole, more positive, collaborative and productive.
- Increase knowledge of the five generations in the workforce today
- Learn strategies to communicate effectively with each generation of workers
- Implement better collaboration with different generations than your own
Enhancing Emotional Intelligence to Increase Professional Success
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is so critical that it accounts for 58% of an individual’s performance. This course will assist in assessing and enhancing each participants Emotional Intelligence skills. We’ll learn how to recognize, acknowledge, and manage feelings and emotions to maximize professional as well as personal success.
Weʼll cover the benefits of enhancing EQ as well as the four core competencies of Emotional Intelligence. Participants will take a sell-assessment during the training so they have a baseline for where they are and will learn effective strategies for how they can take their skills to the next level.
- Learn the four core competencies of Emotional Intelligence
- Increase professional awareness as it relates to their Emotional Intelligence
- Gain knowledge of effective strategies to increase EQ.
Leadership Training & Development
Developing the Leader Within- The Role of a Leader
Being recognized as a great leader is not something you’re given, it’s something you create over time with the right training, first-hand experience and building trust and influence with those around you. You can start developing those skills (or sharpen them a bit!) with this course.
This course in an excellent refresher for seasoned leaders as well as a great foundation for aspiring leaders. It includes an in-depth definition of leadership, reviews social influence and conscious leadership and goes over the 12 important qualities that a great leader possesses including clarity, inspiration and communication to name a few. In a self-auditing exercise, we will help you analyze the roles you take on at work and beyond even though you may not have a leadership title. We’ll review different leadership styles, which ones you’re using to influence others and work specifically on any areas based on your personal reflection or peer/employer feedback. You will walk away armed with strategies to nurture and develop your leadership skills.
- Learn and apply the key elements of leadership to build trust and influence
- Implement the essential leadership characteristics in your work life
- Become a more effective leader
Coaching & Mentoring- The Key to Performance Improvement
Professional mentoring and coaching relationships can be rewarding for the mentor and the mentee, helping elevate careers and providing an opportunity to give back to potential new leaders. Learn how to enter into a relationship yourself or help others make successful mentoring and coaching connections.
This course includes: defining coaching and mentoring and discussing the differences between the two – mentoring being a relationship that provides guidance and accountability and coaching going deeper and more personal to including dealing with feelings, fears, weaknesses and strengths. You will learn how to effectively match yourself and others to mentees for a successful outcome through learning about personality types, analyzing skill sets and more. Knowing how to identify the right connections can enhance the mentoring experience. We will also review how to structure the relationship (frequency of meetings, etc.), how to measure the results of the relationship and ways to grow the relationship for maximum benefit.
- Understand the distinct difference between coaching and mentoring
- Be able to apply knowledge and strategies learned to foster a successful mentoring or coaching relationship
- Gain skills and create an action plan to be able to start effectively mentoring/coaching right away
Creating and Leading Successful Teams
You’ve heard that “teamwork makes the dream work”. If you build and manage a successful team that people WANT to be a part of, it will increase motivation, loyalty and productivity!
This course is full of easy-to-implement strategies to build, manage and motivate your ultimate team. You will learn the types of teams, the 4 stages of team development, the 5 Commandments of a Successful Team, common mistakes in team building and the 6 Thinking Hats of Problem Solving as a Team. We’ll cover problem solving and conflict resolution and share team building activities to use to build trust and confidence. In addition, you’ll learn how to make the most of team meetings and how to consistently encourage teamwork. Learn some new ideas for motivation, steps to retaining high performers and improving team performance.
- Learn how to bring people together to form an effective, motivated and productive team
- Gain strategies to guide your team through the 4 stages of team building to improve performance
- Enhance your ability to help your team solve problems, grow, perform and succeed
Essential Skills for Leaders
Are you an emerging leader in your organization or are you in a new leadership role? This course is targeted to help develop your leadership style and create professional success. It’s also a perfect course for seasoned leaders who want to re-charge their skills.
In this course, you will learn how to set expectations and goals, assign work, implement delegation, provide productive feedback, manage your time and your team’s time to align with their duties and responsibilities. You’ll also learn strategies for special situations such as being promoted from within the team. We’ll cover the important qualities and attributes that a great leader possesses and discuss how you can own and implement them. We will also delve deeper into how you can identify candidates early for potential leadership roles, build competencies in others and pair others with mentors. Participants will walk away armed with skills to strengthen their own leadership skills and motivate their team.
- New leaders will receive a foundation of necessary skills to be successful immediately
- Gain strategies and tools to use to connect with your team, gain trust and build rapport
- Develop or enhance skills learned to dramatically increase performance of your team
Deliver Feedback and Conduct Performance Reviews that Motivate Employees
Feedback is imperative to keep employees on track and motivate them to continue to strive for excellence. It’s also important to openly address any areas that need improvement. Conducting performance reviews is a craft that can be learned and perfected to assure the best outcome and direction for the employee and organization.
In this course, we will learn when and how frequently feedback should occur, how to choose the best time and place and how to thoroughly prepare and plan prior to feedback delivery. We’ll cover how to use the “feedback sandwich” successfully, how to set goals for optimal performance, how to ask for a self-assessment and how to tie performance to compensation. We’ll also share how to keep emotions in check, diffuse anger and negative emotions and go over common mistakes managers make when conducting employee reviews. You’ll leave with ideas for incentives and how to begin creating a culture of recognition. If you are the one getting reviewed, we’ll also dive into tips on how to successfully prepare for your own annual performance review.
- Prepare and deliver feedback that will inspire employees to make positive changes
- Learn year-round strategies to produce the best performance review possible for each of your staff
- Create and implement a culture of recognition within your team
Managing Change for Leaders
Change is one of the hardest things we go through as individuals and as organizations. Resistance, fear and uncertainty overshadow the excitement and opportunity that change can bring.
This course will arm you with tools and strategies to prepare yourself and your team for change and to lead, motivate and inspire your team. You will learn how to craft the “what’s in it for me?” message that employees need to hear before you get their buy in. We will also help build your change strategy to help facilitate and you’ll learn how to cope with pushback, gain support and promote resiliency. We discuss “Appreciate Inquiry” in this course and how it applies to change management to unveil the positive core of a company.
- Five easy steps to become more resilient
- Gain skills to help people to embrace and accept change and thrive during and after the process
- Understand and apply the “Appreciative Inquiry” method of change management
Navigating Stress for Leaders
Stress is the workplace is inevitable. Leaders must be equipped to identify and manage stress for their staff. In this course, participants will learn the common causes and symptoms of work-related stress. We’ll cover the important warning signs of stress and recognizing work related stress in your team and colleagues. In addition, leaders will learn effective strategies to manage work-related stress with their staff.
- Be able to identify common stressors in the workplace and monitor your staff for symptoms of work-related stress
- Learn and implement the 3 keys to stress management through organization
- Implement strategies to minimize work-related stress for your staff
Effective Communication Skills for Leaders
Being able to communicate effectively is essential for success as a leader. In this course, participants will learn the different types of communication, barriers to communication and how to overcome them and ways to be a better listener. Also included will be easy to implement strategies for communicating more effectively with your staff. Better communication makes a more cohesive and productive work team
- Learn strategies to communicate more effectively with your team
- Enhance communication skills and how you communicate with your staff to motivate and inspire them to success
- Develop better listening skills so your staff feels heard and understood
Leading a Multi-Generational Workforce
This course will help leaders better understand the five generational groups active in the workforce today. Participants will learn about the characteristics, work ethic and social influences of each generation. In addition, we’ll discuss how each generation views work, leadership and their preferred method of communication.
With this new found knowledge, leaders will be in a strong position to evaluate their staff and better lead a multi-generational team.
- Increase knowledge of the five generations in the workforce today to lead more effectively
- Create and implement a collaborate culture within a multigenerational team
- Tailor your approach for working more effectively with each staff member based on their generational group
Dealing Effectively with Conflict
Conflict is inevitable in the workplace. People are different and conflict happens when those differences surface. In the course, participants will learn the different Conflict Resolution Styles and the 6 Step Process to Conflict Resolution. With practical tips, strategies and experiential exercises, after completion of the course, participants will be prepared to manage conflict in a more productive manner and improve their conflict resolution skills.
- Learn to think of conflict as an opportunity for growth which will help change your approach and maximize positive outcomes
- Increase your knowledge of the different conflict resolution styles and which are more effective
- Master the 6 Step Process of Conflict Resolution
Time Management Strategies for Leaders and their Teams
In this course, participants will learn the 5 Key Components of Time Management – Goal Setting, Prioritization, Planning & Scheduling, Focus and Working Proactively, and Managing Interruptions and Procrastination. In addition, we’ll share simple, easy-to-implement strategies to give leaders the confidence to help their teams in each of the key areas. Participants will leave energized and ready to implement new concepts for themselves and their teams to make them more effective, efficient and productive.
- Learn how to work proactively, rather than reactively
- Master planning and scheduling to get more done
- Enhance your skills in prioritizing work to boost productivity
Effective Delegation and Feedback
A terrific course for new and seasoned leaders, during this course participants will learn the Five “Rights” of Delegation, setting expectations and how to assign work to produce maximum results from their team. They’ll also learn effective delegation strategies and how to provide productive feedback to staff to motivate and inspire them to be their best.
- Enhance leadership skills by learning the Five “Rights” of Delegation
- Learn effective strategies to provide productive feedback that motivates staff
- Master setting expectations for staff to produce maximum results
Simplify Your Life – DeCluttering and Organizing for a Healthy Lifestyle
What if we told you that through some simple, every day planning, you could have more balance and energy AND become healthier? This course will give you all of the tools to make a dramatic lifestyle change.
This workshop will reveal the correlation between clutter and health issues. It will share the benefits of being organized and provide strategies to organize and simplify almost everything around you: your life, yourself, your home, your family, work space and work life. You will gain impactful tips to maintain order and stay on track. We will hone in during the course on decluttering your kitchen for healthy eating, as a great diet will yield more energy, less guilt and better performance for everyone in work, sports and other activities. We’ll go over how to create Meal Planning Systems for your busy family, steps to create a kitchen set up for healthy cooking and eating, strategies to organize your pantry, refrigerator and freezer, and how to create a meal planning binder and computerized grocery list.
- Acknowledge the relationship between clutter and health issues and learn how to avoid these issues
- Learn effective strategies to organize and simplify many areas of your life – both at home and at work
- Become the champion of your kitchen learning excellent ways to organize, plan meals and eat healthier
Work Life Balance – Getting Rid of Stress and Planning for Happiness
Stop spinning your wheels and start taking control of your life! This course will provide easy-to-implement tips to improve balance between work and home life through healthy integration.
This course includes the benefits of a healthy balance, signs of an imbalance, how to take advantage of employer resources, time management tips and goal setting. We’ll cover how to understand stress, review steps to create a stress- educed lifestyle, how to use routines to reduce your stress. You’ll learn relaxation techniques and identify stressors Once we reduce your stress, we’ll move on to happiness! We’ll talk about purposeful planning for happiness, how to plan your day and how to relate better to others. You’ll get tips for how to take control of your career happiness, set boundaries and practice positivity.
- Have better balance overall in your personal and professional life
- How to reduce stress
- Learn to bring happiness into your everyday life
Taking Your Own Temperature – Effective Strategies for Work-Life Balance
Are you feeling overwhelmed at work? If so, this course is for you! The first step to making change is self-awareness. We’ll start the course with our Work-Life Balance Quiz, so you can gage where you currently. We’ll cover the common causes of work- related stress and you’ll learn effective strategies for creating better work life balance, including making more “me” time. You’ll leave the class with a plan of attack to creating better work-life balance.
- Discover where you are in your work-life balance journey
- Be able to identify the common causes of work-related stress
- Learn and implement strategies to create better work-life balance
Managing Workplace Anxiety
Anxiety can stall productivity, affect those around you and could potentially cause serious health issues. Acknowledging what makes you anxious and then putting together a plan of attack to counter it can get you back on track!
This course includes a breakdown of common types of anxiety, how to recognize symptoms in yourself and others, coping strategies, issues with avoidance, differences in anxiety and normal nervousness and physical symptoms of anxiety. We will also dive into how to recognize the positive aspects of anxiety, how to identify common anxiety triggers, and the important task of seeking help if and when you need it.
- Learn how to identify and manage your anxiety
- How to recognize signs of stress and anxiety in others
- Gain tips on how employers can manage employee anxiety in the workplace
Stress in the workplace in inevitable. Being able to manage stress is critical to professional success. In this course, you’ll learn how to identify workplace stressors and the best ways to manage stress at work. We’ll also cover meaningful self-care strategies to implement to keep your work and personal life balanced. You’ll leave the class armed with the confidence to improve your stress management by implementing changes in the way you think and act.
- Learn to identify workplace stressors
- Implement strategies and create habits to manage the stress you experience at work
- Create a self-care plan to reduce stress
Take Control of Your Finances
It’s never too early or too late to take control of your finances. Whether you are living paycheck to paycheck or have a positive net worth and are saving for the future, there are specific steps you can take to be more financially fit. In this course, participants will learn the five steps to take control of their finances. They’ll learn how to better manage their finances and have the confidence to move forward and make positive changes.
- Learn and implement the 5 steps to take control of your finances
- Develop skills to better manage your finances
- Master your finances to have reduce stress